Suffering from nausea? Try CBD.
This compound found in cannabis is also known to help with nausea. In addition, it’s been shown to reduce the sensation of nausea in people who have cancer and other illnesses that cause chronic pain and vomiting.
CBD has skyrocketed in popularity as a natural, safe, and effective treatment for nausea and other medical problems.
Identifying nausea and understanding its causes and treatments can help one get over it faster and feel better sooner.
What is nausea?
Nausea is a feeling of sickness and the desire to vomit. It can be intensely uncomfortable. Other symptoms often accompany it.
Nausea is not a disease, but several conditions can cause it.
What causes nausea?
The cause of nausea cannot always be easily identified, especially when experiencing it.
Several different things can cause nausea.
- It can happen before or after being sick, and it’s caused by things in the body changing as they try to fight off the illness.
- Nausea is also a common side effect of many different medications and treatments. In addition, the overproduction of stomach acid can also cause nausea.
- People who travel may also experience nausea. Nausea is a prevalent symptom of motion sickness. It is caused by the inner ear, which detects the motion of the head and body. This motion is transmitted to the brain, which sends signals to the stomach to produce nausea.
- Other causes of nausea can be stomach virus or food poisoning, hormonal imbalance, heartburn/GERD, and pregnancy.
How does nausea work?
Two brain areas can cause symptoms of nausea. The chemoreceptor trigger zone (CTZ) is the first and responds to chemical inputs from hormones and medications.
This zone will alert the digestive system when taking a prescription that makes one queasy or consuming food that makes one sick.
While motion sickness is a reaction in the area postrema that happens due to pressure and equilibrium changes that might make one feel unsteady.
Vomiting is more likely to follow nausea in the CTZ mentioned above reactions because the body perceives the presence of a potentially dangerous substance in the digestive system.
That explains why the symptoms commonly include vomiting, dizziness, and diarrhea when nauseated.
The symptoms are caused by the body’s response to toxins that it thinks are bad. This happens because the body reacts to these toxins by creating a series of chemicals called cytokines, which trigger an immune response and make one feel ill.
Why do people use CBD for nausea?
CBD is a compound in the cannabis plant that offers many benefits when consumed orally or through topical application.
Let’s take a step back and examine what makes CBD so powerful.
CBD has two primary effects:
- it’s an anti-inflammatory to help with pain and inflammation
- it can help with anxiety and depression. It also helps regulate blood sugar levels, reduces inflammation in the brain and body, and many more.
It has also been used to treat symptoms of nausea, vomiting, and loss of appetite associated with several diseases and conditions.
When deciding to use CDB for nausea, go to Atmos CBD for Ultra Premium CBD products. They sell Award-winning, USA Made, Organically grown, and lab-tested CBD products.
Is it safe to take CBD for nausea?
The short answer is yes. CBD, the non-psychoactive component of cannabis, is a compound found in cannabis that can be consumed for medical purposes.
CBD oil is an excellent option if you’re looking for a safe and natural way to treat your nausea. But before ordering at the most trusted CBD retailer, Atmos CBD, here are some things to consider.
First and foremost, consult with the doctor before starting any new medication or supplement. The other thing to consider is how much CBD oil suits your body. Some people can get away with taking one dropper full of oil daily; others will need more.
It’s also important to remember that CBD is not without side effects. However, a few documented side effects of taking CBD are worth noting.
Pros and cons of using CBD for nausea
Like everything else, there are pros and cons to using CBD for nausea.
Here are the pros of CBD for nausea:
- CBD oil is an effective treatment for all kinds of nausea, including morning and motion sickness. It’s even been used as a treatment for chemotherapy-induced nausea.
- Minimal adverse effects contrary to prescribed drugs, CBD has minimal negative effects.
- It’s available in various forms, including capsules and tinctures, making it easy to find products that work best for you. CBD oil capsules can be taken with food or on an empty stomach, while tinctures can be mixed into drinks or applied to the tongue or inside the cheek.
Here are the cons of CBD for nausea:
- CBD oil can make some people sleepy, so it’s not recommended if you need to function in your daily life (like driving).
- It could not be easy to swallow. In addition, it could be challenging for you to consume oral CBD products if you experience nausea.
- Possible changes in appetite Some people may find that CBD limits their appetite, which may be harmful if they feel sick.
Does CBD help with nausea?
Studies indicate that CBD’s interaction with serotonin receptors may aid in reducing nausea. This hormone influences a person’s mood and a general feeling of well-being.
Other groups within the cancer community also insist that CBD is a treatment for chronic pain, nausea, and vomiting brought on by chemotherapy, neuropathy, and appetite loss.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved two synthetic cannabis-derived medications for chemotherapy-related nausea and vomiting. They are Dronabinol and Nabilone.
What’s the Best CBD Oil for Anticipatory Nausea?
Here are many methods through which people can take CBD oils to treat nausea:
Under the Tongue
Drops of CBD oil can be ingested under the tongue; this is one of the most typical and well-liked methods for consuming CBD oil.
How to do it? First, read the label carefully because the potency and intensity of CBD oil drops can vary. Then place the few recommended drops of CBD oil under your tongue.
Without having to pass through the digestive system while you are queasy, CBD can be efficiently absorbed by the capillary blood vessels found inside the mouth.
Atmos CBD offers full-spectrum oils and sublingual oils. They are located in Katy, Richmond, and Crosby, TX.
CBD is not tasteful to everyone. So capsules are thought to be the most popular method for rapid nausea relief. Since the capsule has no flavor, one will receive all of the advantages of CBD without tasting it.
Another option for those who experience nausea is vaping, whose potency is relatively high and whose effects take effect fairly quickly.
The CBD will almost quickly reach the lungs by inhalation, providing rapid relief from nausea. However, many do not recommend vaping as it has numerous side effects.
Food and Beverages with Cannabidiol
CBD can also be added to food or beverages if all the previous options do not apply to your liking.
However, since the CBD must enter the bloodstream with the drink or meal, this strategy may result in a slower absorption rate.
But remember that when we digest food, the nutritional content is gone. This includes some of the CBD’s nutritional value being lost.
Another excellent approach to utilizing CBD to treat nausea is through edibles like CBD gummies. But because the CBD is embedded inside the gummy, it can take some time to travel through the digestive system and enter the bloodstream.
The edibles have the advantage of having a significantly extended shelf life. The use of edibles is also very straightforward. For instance, all you have to do to use our CBD gummies for pain relief is to take one and wait for the results.
Atmos CBD has a variety of Nutritional Multivitamin gummies to choose from and enjoy different benefits like possibly treating nausea. Just contact them to know more about their products.
Full Spectrum vs. Broad Spectrum CBD
What is the difference between full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD?
Full-spectrum CBD includes all the compounds found in hemp plants, including trace amounts of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). However, full-spectrum CBD that complies with federal law will never contain more than 0.3 percent THC. Therefore, one might only be able to purchase full-spectrum products with higher THC levels in places where cannabis is entirely legal.
Broad-spectrum CBD includes only the parts of hemp plants used to produce fiber and seeds. THC is absent from this kind of CBD. Therefore, it doesn’t contain the other parts of the plant that may have medicinal properties or make it easier for you to digest.
What dose of CBD should I take for nausea?
It’s always advisable to start with a lower dosage, typically between 20-40 mg. Start with a lesser dosage and gradually increase it by 5mg per week until you feel your nausea is adequately controlled.
When deciding on the dosage, consider the body weight and the intensity of nausea since these are crucial variables.
Can I take other medicines alongside CBD for my nausea?
First, consult the doctor when combining medications. However, additional treatments can be combined with CBD, whether pharmaceutical, nutritional, herbal, or simple lifestyle adjustments.
Ginger root, peppermint, chamomile, lemon balm, and regular antiemetic medications are a few of these tried-and-true treatments. In addition, many people who struggle with nausea have found relief by combining CBD with a potent ginger drink.
How long does it take for CBD to help with nausea?
It’s on a case-to-case basis. It depends on the severity of nausea, and the amount of CBD one takes. But generally speaking, as long as one has started taking CBD, it should start working within a few hours—and it usually works faster than that!
Does CBD Oil Help With Nausea When Pregnant?
Nausea is one of the most common symptoms of pregnancy and can happen at any time. It’s caused by the hormones that are coursing through your body, and it can be accompanied by feelings of sickness, sweating, and even vomiting.
Fortunately, plenty of options are available to help relieve nausea during pregnancy without resorting to prescription medications like Zofran or Endep, both of which have been linked to severe side effects.
CBD oil is one such option that’s gaining popularity among pregnant women because it doesn’t contain any THC.
Although no studies demonstrate the risks of ingesting CBD while pregnant, pregnant women should speak with their primary care provider before doing so.
Alternative nausea remedies
Nausea can be a real drag when you’re trying to get out the door, and when CBD is not accessible, try these remedies instead:
- Take ginger or ginger tea. The active ingredient in ginger helps to relieve nausea. Drinking a cup of ginger tea or eating a small piece of fresh ginger can help calm your stomach and ease the symptoms of nausea.
- Drink a glass of water. Drinking water will help hydrate your body, which helps to relieve any feelings of nausea.
- Mints. Mints can also help ease nausea and is a handy remedy, especially when traveling.
- Bananas. Eating bananas or other fruits that are high in potassium can help ease nausea.
- Slow deep breaths. One remedy is taking slow, deep breaths. It may not wholly ease nausea, but it helps reduce it.
- Take some rest. An episode of nausea can worsen and persist longer if you try to push through it. Instead, allow the body to rest so that the stomach can settle.
The Bottom Line
Numerous things can cause nausea, but one thing is sure, it makes anyone feel awful. There are many remedies one can do to combat nausea. However, some of it doesn’t work.
CBD joining these remedies gives people more options, possibly more effective ones. Try CBD but buy CBD products from trusted retailers like Atmos Smoke that provide high-quality products.